Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24th, 2012...My First Post :)

Dear Blog Diary-

I started this blog because I have been a chronic migraine sufferer since the age of 8. Yep, you read that right...ripe old age of 8 years old. I have been on/off medication since that age. I took preventative medicines when I was about 13-14 but stopped taking them because they affected my moods and school work. Up until December, 2011 I was merely treating the migraine attacks with medication, mostly over the counter medication.

I would usually take some sort of Excedrin or Aleve Migraine pill and head straight for my bed. Lights & sounds are huge no-no's when I have a migraine. They make it 100x worse! When I was in my late teens and early twenties (after I left home but before I got married & had insurance) if I had an attack that would not go away with over the counter medicines, I would have to go to the emergency room for medications. Yep..they got THAT bad. Migraines are no fun!

I finally decided in December of last year (2011) that I was so tired of just treating each migraine. I asked my doctor for a preventative medication, which he prescribed Topamax. Topamax does work (mostly) but has some not-so-fun side effects. Also, I do not want to rely on medications my whole life. Which is why I have decided to *try* this Gluten Free diet. I have read many testimonies that it has worked for many people. I am going to blog/diary my experience here so maybe I can help others that may be experiencing what I am.

I am going to start on Monday January 30th. It is just easier if I start on the first day of the week for me. I know that sounds strange and crazy (kind of like me talking to myself since no-one reads this blog..yet hopefully).

I will post the things I ate that day and also my migraine history for the day.

Sort of like this:

Breakfast: 2 Zingers (not kidding) & a Coca Cola
Lunch: 6 inch sub meatball sub from Subway w/ water
Dinner: *Edited to add dinner* Roast with roasted potatoes, black eyed peas & corn w/ sweet tea

Migraine History for the day:

Migraine started around 10 a.m.
Nausea started around 10:45 a.m.
Took pain pill around 12:45 p.m.
Migraine didn't go away until around 8 p.m.

Plus, I will include any other information I think is important to the study. I am going to continue blogging my "normal" foods until Monday just to get the hang of blogging everyday again. I used to keep up with a personal blog but fail to do that anymore. :)

Thanks for coming on this journey with me!

-Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment