Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25th, 2012...I remember.

Dear Blog/Diary,

I remember my very first migraine. I was between the ages of 7 and 8 years old. We lived in Benton, AR. It was the summertime and I was outside playing with my friends. I remember feeling my eye start to hurt. I told my older sister several times that my right eye was really hurting, but being kids we kept on playing.

I looked down and noticed that I had something black on my hands, not uncommon for me as I was a small child prone to getting dirty. Then I started to think that maybe that black stuff on my hands had caused my eye to hurt so badly. I asked my sister and friends if that black stuff was on my eye too. Nope. It wasn't. I could not figure out why my eye and head was hurting so badly.

I eventually went inside to my dad and step-mom to tell them about the pain I was having. They figured I was having some heat exhaustion seeing as I had been playing outside for hours in the Southern heat. They told me to drink some water and go lay down in bed. I was crying at this point. What is a little child supposed to do or think in that situation?

I remember it so vividly in my mind. I remember lying in bed crying and praying to Jesus for it to stop. I cried myself to sleep and woke up normal again. It would be months before I had another one.

01/25/2012

Food Diary:

Breakfast: English muffin with cheese & water
Snack: small cup of vanilla cappuccino
Lunch: Leftovers from dinner last night (roast w/ roasted potatoes, corn & black eyed peas) w/ water
Dinner: 2 chicken strips, steamed broccoli & french fries w/ root beer.

Migraine Diary:
No migraine as of yet..pressure behind right eye (first sign of migraine for me) started at around 11:55 a.m. this morning but not turned into a migraine yet (crossing my fingers!!)
Slight headache throughout the day but never a full blown migraine. Yay! :)

P.S. I would like to wish my niece Jayci Leigh a very Happy 6th Birthday today!

-Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment